Paddle summer schemes
The Paddle Summer Scheme over the 5 days will educate our young paddlers on the basic skills of paddling a canoe, kayak and stand up paddle board safely.
This course will also include familiarisation of all equipment, own safety equipment, how to carry the equipment safely, exiting and entering the water safely as well as fun and safe paddling on the water.
Upon completion of the course paddlers should have gained a BC certificate in Start Award, Discovery Award and Paddle Safer
Ideal for those aged 11 – 16 years old.
Monday 31st July – Friday 4th August
Monday 14th – Friday 18th August
This fun yet educational schemes runs from Monday to Friday, 8.30 am to 4:30 pm each day.
Our week-long paddle schemes cost £200 per child per week which includes a breakfast club. If booking two or more children, or multiple weeks a discount of 5% is applicable! Please quote PADDLESCHEME23 at the checkout page to apply your discount.
To book, enter the Monday date of the week you wish to book in our booking engine below.
- Clothing and equipment information, think of it like a crash course in everything you need to physically get yourself on the water, covering all the types of equipment you’ll need.
- Tips for getting on the water including how to get safely in and out of your canoe, kayak or SUP from different places you are likely to paddle
- Learn to paddle with practical skills such as paddling forward, turning and stopping… pretty much everything you need to get started and moving
- Staying safe on and off the water, you’ll learn about how to stay safe and make the most out of your paddle session
If you want to develop your skills from your Start Award, or feel like you need to expand your basic paddling knowledge further, this is the award you need. The award covers topics such as:
- Encouraging independent decision making on different bodies of water (moving river, canal, estuary, harbour), covering safety and weather aspects too
- Preparing for self-guided adventures
- Equipment you will need for a variety of paddle trips
- Further developing your canoe, kayak or SUP paddling and rescue skills